Friday, September 04, 2009

Hello from San Antonio!!

Wow, I haven't posted since April 20?!

So much has happened since then so let me fill you in, and by you I mean me, basically writing in a "Diary of Cindee" format while under the pretense of reaching out to a society already inundated with worth while bloggers. That, and I am pretty sure no one else reads this.

Anyway, we had to put the house up for sale. Randy got a job in San Antonio and had to be there by June 1st leaving me stuck in Kansas getting the house sale-ready. We put the Realator's sign in the yard and, I kid-you-not, we got an offer within 12 hours from the first people who looked at the house. Then, several offers and counter-offers later, we had a signed contract on the house within 24 hours! Can you believe it! Well I couldn't because that meant that we had a little over 3 weeks to move out of the house and by we, I meant to say me because my husband was 2 states away. So I packed up 15 years of accumulated crap, some of which went to the Salvation Army and Goodwill, and moved myself and the boys to San Antonio.

So here I sit, sprucing up my resume' with all intentions of finding a Job! Oh, and according to the locals, this happens to be a record breaking summer of the worst heat index in history! I love my air-conditioned house!!!!!!

San Antonio is great though, heat index aside, with so many choices of eatery, shopping and did I mention shopping? The choice of fruits and vegatables here at the local H.E.B. are fantastic and the authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex food are wonderful. Although I must say that the G.P.S. is my new best friend! The streets around here are in the formation of a wagon wheel, I kid you not, so there is no straight way of getting from point A to point B. I do, however, know my way to the local shopping area that is filled with Target, Lowes, Barnes and Noble and quite a few eating establishments. :)

Maybe next time I post, I will have a job! Sweet!!!

Hasta luego,
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites AddThis Feed Button