Monday, April 20, 2009

Done remodeling...now selling?!

O.K. So I know I haven't been writing down my endless mind numbing thoughts lately, but here goes. We have officially finished our first remodeling job and were revelling in the glory of our new digs.

You know, life tends to intrude at the most untimely moments. Like my husband being laid off his job of 5 years and on the hunt for a new one. He said to me just the other day, "you know, I hate looking for a new job and going through all this resume and application crap again?" I told him, "I know, I do too especially since I have to make your resume, search probable job listings for you, send out your resume and sit with you telling me how you want your applications filled out!" He just looked at me with a blank stare and said "Uh...right".

So it's good that we have done all of this nice remodeling for the big selling of the house. As it stands today, he has 1 job offer and a good chance at having at least 1 more. Both mean selling the house and leaving the state that I was born in. Not that I am absolutely in love with this state, but most of my family lives here.

So now that we are going to have to sell the house, we have one and one-half more rooms we want to remodel as well. That is tackling the butt-ugly full bathroom and tiling the half bath that is already partially remodeled. That means...yes the dreaded word...stripping more freaking wallpaper off the walls, changing the base cabinet out and tiling the floors(which we are hiring that done this time).

Next time I just might be posting from somewhere in the big state of Texas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites AddThis Feed Button