Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Holiday!

Well, Christmas was GREAT, however the aftermath...not so great. I get two weeks off for the holidays and it started out with frantic last minute shopping before we headed out to Texas for Christmas. I think this will be a Christmas to be remembered forever!

Let's rewind to the day before the Christmas break...our oldest son broke his wrist at school(hence the nurse calling me). Anyway I had to take off work and take him into the doctor to find out that(after 3 hours in the Dr.'s office)yes, he broke his wrist and it was too swollen to cast. So they sent us home with a splint and sling and orders to come back on the 26th to get a cast on. So the trip to Texas was spent trying to keep ice on his wrist and trying to keep him entertained because, I guess playing gameboy does take two hands. While in Texas the younger son started getting a cold and it only got worse. Once home, my significant other started to get a cold as well, and now today I have also started the dreaded illness. So, needless to say, we are all spending a day at home with cold medicine, kleenex and I, myself have my laptop in bed with me. I have only been up to fix lunch, make some cookies and put a spiral ham in the oven for supper. While it may sound like a lot, truly it is not one of my more active days.

5 more days off left and I plan to think of a New Year's resolution to be more organized(I think I made that one last year). Maybe I should be more realistic in my resolutions! We plan on getting together with some friends sometime this week for a drink, dinner and a movie night and then on New Year's eve our traditional motorcycle ride around the city to ride in the New Year. Maybe our colds will be better! Speaking of the BMW, we are thinking about riding it to North Dakota this summer to visit some friends. What a ride that will be! But that is life...Quite A Ride!

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites AddThis Feed Button