Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fun Day!!!

Woke up early A.M. (am so blaming my husband for that) to go on a poker run! For those of you that don't know what a poker run is; it's a motorcycle groupie, early a.m. waking, ride to different towns to draw four cards from a poker deck to see who can get the best hand (ie..2 of a kind, full house, flush... and so on). Watch ESPN for Texas Hold'em poker matches to brush up on your poker. Anyway, we get to our arranged groupie meeting place, where we sign in and as luck has it we are one of the first 50 to sign in (well duh!), so we get a T-Shirt and free coffee and donuts which is good because I am barely awake enough to sit upright in my destined seat behind my husband. He is so proud of our motorcycle that I must describe it a bit. It is a beige BMW 1200LTC touring cycle with heated seats( which was nice this morning) and heated handgrips. He also looked into getting a $108 cup holder. I asked him if it was wise to drink and drive. I did get a dirty look for that one. Anyway, once we got started, and by the way it was drizzling rain, we had two choices of getting to our 4 destinations. The direct short way and then there is the scenic route. we had a friend that was riding with us and she decided that it would be neat to go the scenic route! Oh goody!! Still being under the influence of my awesome cold with chills from yesterday, I could just barely manage a grimace of an O.K. lets do it. Needless to say, as the morning went on the early A.M. temp was the high for the day! I can't believe I didn't win anything with my very crappy cards, but am in my nice warm home now, watching t.v., with a large cup of coffee in hand.
I do like riding on the motorcycle, however I am a fair weather rider at best. Kind of like my way of camping out is the Hard Rock Hotel in Florida.

Next time
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites AddThis Feed Button